[mdlug] System Build Saga

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 08:51:46 EDT 2007

Mine Was free.  With the puchase intel Duo 6600.  The rest of the compunuts were very good.  The system was VERY responsive With the Intel Duo 6600 on the MSI Motherboard, 200gb SATA. I'm happy with the arduous result.  It just took alot to get there.

"Morris, Tim" <tmorris at ugs.com> wrote:
      Some SATA controllers are a pain in the A**. Some boards have options to set a SATA controller as an AHCI controller, or to emulate an old IDE controller. Either of those options (if the board had them) might have worked in your case. Obviously, setting them to emulate an IDE controller isn't such a great idea, but from what I can tell the only thing you lose by setting them to AHCI is the RAID functionality (if it even has it). I could be wrong...

  For the record, I don't like ECS boards either. I have had 2, one still works (although the USB died) and the other died completely after 3 months. But hey, they were cheap.

  --  Tim Morris - UGS PLM Software