[mdlug] OpenSuSE ???

DRIVERAY at ameritech.net DRIVERAY at ameritech.net
Fri Jul 6 12:12:13 EDT 2007

David Lane wrote:
>The disk passes checksum when it is burned.

The disk itself, or the iso file?

> BUT it fails the self test at install.
> I have burned it 3 times.

Have you tried starting the install process up to, and including
the self test on another system? If it checks out OK then your
new system can't calculate md5summ correctly, and wouldn't rely
on it for anything. If, on the other hand, the new disks all fail
the self tests on another machine I would suspect that the
md5sums set was out of date for the files on the disk, and I
would ignore the errors and proceed with the installation.

I hope this helps.
Raymond McLaughlin