[mdlug] NFS Question

Stan Green Stan at mcomputersolutions.com
Thu Jul 5 22:46:50 EDT 2007

I have two Linux boxes. One is running as an nfs server and the other is the
client.  On the server I export / which has a directory /Data. I have the
device /dev/md0 mounted to /Data. All seems fine on the server. However when
I mount / on the client, I can see the /Data directory but not the data that
is on /dev/md0. A ls on /Data, from the client, shows empty. An ls on the
server produces the expected result.

One more thing, if it means anything, if I use smb to mount /, everything
works as expected. So my thought is it can be done with nfs, but I cannot
find anything that addresses this issue.

How do I configure either the server or client to be able to see the /Data
directory?

Thanks,
Stan Green