[mdlug] Is Vista going to be the new Windows ME?

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Tue Jan 30 14:11:38 EST 2007

Robert Adkins wrote:
>     That makes for a VERY long running conspiracy. Something like close
> to 20 years of conspiring...
>
>     Somehow, I doubt they would even go through that trouble, since they
> already "owned" the entire market for most of the past 20 years.

It is obvious however that they have spent a great deal of time and
effort on "their" security, I.E. DRM, and very little time on our
security, that is the computer system.  I agree with the article, how
much better with windows security be if the effort placed into crippling
your system with DRM had been placed into fixing the system security?

And one has to ask, is not 20 years long enough to fix a problem if you
really want it fixed?

--
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn Http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com