[mdlug] Linux and Vista dualboot.

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 13:55:30 EST 2007

2007-01-27, Monsieur Kristoffer Marshall a ecrit:
> It's a "dynamic disk" that I apparently converted in Windows, and you
> can't convert it back without destroying it (if that's not innovative
> ... wait, it isn't at all in fact). There is patch support in linux, but
> I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and move the data to another drive,
> and then back again.

Do you mean that the Windows partition you can't access now is one
of those "dynamic disks" created by Windows' Logical Disk Manager?
If so, then you don't need any patch to see it, it's an option in
the kernel source. If you do a 'make gconfig', it will appear under
File systems -> Partition Types -> Advanced partition selection ->
Windows Logical Disk Manager (Dynamic Disk) support. To see that
option, you may have to check the option
Code maturity level options -> Prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers.

Michael