[mdlug] Minicom device permission error [Was: USB device not accepting new address]

R Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Sun Jan 21 10:30:32 EST 2007

I went around this issue by using minicom on my laptop where the device
address seems to be on the low side (possibly because it has been
rebooted recently). But I am running into another issue:

I can run minicom as 'root' but when I run as a user I get the message

LANG/ja
LANG/ko
LANG/ru
minicom: cannot open /dev/ttyACM0: Permission denied
I checked the permissions on the device 'file' and it seems to have the
same permission on both machines.

Any help is appreciated.