[mdlug] List archive and long lines

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Thu Jan 11 10:16:09 EST 2007

Raymond McLaughlin a ecrit:
> The problem with the web archives is pretty bad when long lines are
> present. Having to side scroll to read something really sucks!

Yes...yes it does. And that is part of the public face of MDLUG; a
person looking at the MDLUG website would see the links to the web
archives, and if they looked at them with the long lines they may
get a bad initial impression.

> Anyone concerned please compare the archives here:
>   <http://mdlug.org/pipermail/mdlug/2007-January/>
> and the modified version here:
>   <http://mdlug.org/pipermail/mdlug/January/>

Looks fine to me. You lose some whitespace formatting, but to me
that's a small price to pay for losing the long lines. And I
*really* like the thread indicators in the index, looks good. I've
been hoping for something like that for a long time. Showing the
timestamp next to each listing in the index would be nice too. :)

Michael