[mdlug] Freedom on the OS level

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Jan 9 14:42:14 EST 2007

> From: Wolfger

> Linux has better in many ways. I think I could have even kept my wife happily
> running Linux.... if it wasn't for the games.

 I'm planning on building a 'game only' machine in the basement. I'd disable
the net connection (except when installing updates and such), just games.
Anyone have some PC speakers they aren't using? That's about the last thing
I need...

 (BTW, a suggestion for a game for Linux... "Aliens versus Predator". Runs a
treat on Linux (I got the in-game music to work and I'm pretty close to
getting the videos to play) and nice and atmospheric. The AI isn't too bright
(gotta work on that) and it's not the most modern in terms of graphics, but
it's not the standard FPS.)

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                        (313) 227-2317

 "Engineering is like having an 8 a.m. class and a late afternoon
       lab every day for the rest of your life." - Anonymous