[mdlug] An Idea inspired by....

bob dion bobdion at starline-ent.com
Tue Jan 9 13:11:46 EST 2007

Robert Adkins wrote:
> bob dion wrote:
>> Robert Adkins wrote:

>>>     One of the definitions of FREEDOM!!! still includes choice, the last
>>> time I looked.
>>>
>> It Saddens me to no end how many GNU/Linux users do not understand what
>> the Free Software Movement is all about. The GPL protects the rights of
>> the software user. The EULA, that most people accept with out reading,
>> take their rights way.
>>
>     I do understand that aspect of the movement.
>
>     I also firmly believe that the movement is never going to 'win' by
> being so staunchly in opposition to commercial software.

There is nothing in the GPL or from RMS that say you can not make money
from Free software.

If you feel you need to take a passive stance in protecting your
freedoms as a consumer so be it. DRM is already becoming pervasive in
the Consumer Electronics space as we speak.

And when you discover you can't copy or print your digital photos on
your Vista machine until you can prove to Bill Gates you own them, it
may be too late.

Frankly, you can use MS software all you want.

I find it rather interesting though that there are always posts stating
how 'Windows works better for me' any time someone asks for help in
promoting the use of Linux. The is a LUG mailing list after all.

BD