[mdlug] X server

jack freeman freemancomputer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 21:28:02 EST 2007

Having problems with my x-server starting correctly. I get an error that tells me, "There already appears to be an x server running on display :0. should I try another display number? if you answer no, i will attempt to start the server on :0 again"

It askes me this every time i boot up, if i hit yes it goes to a different screen and i can log in, if i hit no it loops going between the log in screan and the error message. how do i stop this?

Debian

Thanks
Jack

Never miss an email again!