[mdlug] BioShock - A DRM experience you don't want to miss

Joseph Vartanian jvartanian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:14:19 EDT 2007

On 8/30/07, Rich Elswick <painbank at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, PC gaming is not dead, just altered.  For those that follow game
> development, you could see this as it is.  Perhaps the traditional way PC
> games were played is dead, but not the PC Gaming as a whole.
>
> Think Casual Games.  There are more people playing games on a single web
> site portal than there Xbox owners, let alone subscribers.  Pogo,
> Kongregate, Jay's Games, etc.... I could list probably 20 without batting an
> eye.  Each one of these sites probably get of 10 mil hits per month, so why
> not think on that. :D  Lets not talk about WoW...  I haven't even touched on
> the free download/web MMO games...

Thats a good point, but adding casual gamers who play simple games
into the equation brings up a whole new problem for PC games...the
cell phone.  I don't have any numbers on this, but would not be
surprised if the cell phone is the number one gaming platform now.
How sad would that be?  The next DRM controversy could be on your
Nokia.

-Joseph