[mdlug] BioShock - A DRM experience you don't want to miss

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Aug 30 14:39:09 EDT 2007

> From: Rich Elswick

> Think Casual Games.  There are more people playing games on a single web site
> portal than there Xbox owners, let alone subscribers.

 It's true that playing games on computers no longer carries any kind of
stigma. Once upon a time it was considered only a 'geek' pastime with no
socially-redeeming features whatsoever.

> In the end PC Gaming as some of remember it has gone the way of the cassette
> player.  Obsolete.

 The shame is that PC games tended to be more involved and complicated; when
you can count on a full keyboard and mouse to work with, you can have a
complex user interface. Ah, well.

> So, I disagree, PC gaming is not dead, just altered.  Now if we can just get
> better Linux integration... :D

 Coming, slowly...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                              (313) 227-2317

   "Don't try to frighten us with your closed-source ways, Lord Gates.
  Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure
     up more internet server market share, or given you clairvoyance
 enough to find all of the bugs in Win... *cough* *gag*" - J. R. Rimmer