[mdlug] Where is linux-friendly Computer Builders Warehouse?

Rich Hughes admin at linuxtechdaily.com
Thu Aug 30 13:41:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

My name is Rich, I managed the Great Lakes Crossing store until they
closed it. They closed my store, Farmington Hills and Novi. They left
Roseville and Madison Heights open. I was at the Roseville location
until they laid me off two weeks ago. Unfortunately, I had just finished
the Ubuntu Laptops and was let go before I could properly promote them.
As far as I know the laptops are still for sale. Chris, the manager of
Roseville, is a great guy. Unfortunately he is manning the store by
himself. The Michigan economy + overall banking situation  just became
too much. I hope they make it.  I don't have anything bad to say about
them as employers, and  I hope they make it.  I've always shopped them.

Again, too bad about the timing with the linux laptops. I hand
configured them, loaded them up with everything. Wireless worked,
Compiz-Fusion was enabled by default (but easy to disable), and I loaded
them with codecs, etc... It would have been nice to see it through.

The two remaining locations are 12/John R and 13/Gratiot.

Now that I am jobless, hopefully I can get more involved with you guys.
I've been trying to follow the emails, it has been a hectic two weeks.

Thanks,
Rich