[mdlug] Flakey hard drive

R Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Sat Aug 25 14:00:30 EDT 2007

I have copied all the partitions. Linux is booting up fine but Windows
doesn't. I have done

cp -a /Windows/

where /Windows/C is mounted to /dev/hda1 (new dive) and
/Windows/I is mounted to /dev/hdb1 (old drive)

my /boot/grub/menu.lst has

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name:
Windows###
title Windows
    chainloader(hd0,0)+1

but when it boots up, the grub menu does not even have a choice for
Windows.

TIA for any pointers