[mdlug] OT: Google Accepting Resumes - Possible Engineering Office in Ann Arbor

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Thu Aug 23 13:13:23 EDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:51:18 -0400
Brian Hurley <brian at detroitindustrial.org> wrote:

> From what I've read about Google's hiring practices, that sounds very
> Google-ish. "We don't any have any actual jobs, but lets see how many
> of you Michigan podunks we can get to jump through our (non) hiring
> hoops..."

	Hmmm, sounds like what I sometimes do. Get asked to bid, work
up a bid, review w/the owner, rework the bid, meet again, oh we're not
going to do it after all. I now take a non-refundable deposit from
unknown/new customers. Also the specifics of how and what we do remain
confidential. I got tired of my proposal getting shopped around.

--
Peter The Plumber sm on the Road
State Licensed Plumber