[mdlug] nxserver broke

tony at bemushosting.com tony at bemushosting.com
Tue Aug 14 01:50:20 EDT 2007

Thanks for the leads but they did not help,  I got the same problem when I tried the bash> xhost + and there are no hosts.allow and hosts.deny files just hosts.
as for the logs I looked through them and it gives me no help.  The only thing that would be close is the "Info: No suitable cache file found." but a google search yealded no help.

How would I track down what files are needed and where the cache file would be.

Tony

>Tony,
>
>> I have nxserver (freenx) installed on my Ubuntu 7.4 Feisty that allows me
>> run a remote X session from another computer, like VNC but much faster.
>
>I am not familiar with nxserver (freenx).
>
>Does it use the normal X host authentication?
>Does it appear as a local: host?
>
>As a test try on ubuntu
>   bash> xhost +
>to disable access control.
>If you can now see your remote session, you know that you need to
>enable X access for that remote host.
>[After this test, you should reenable access crontrol with
>   bash> xhost -
>]
>
>> The nvidia-settings app completely rewrote the xorg.conf file.
>> Does anyone know what, if any, changes to the xorg.conf file nxserver
>makes?
>
>Is it possible that the relevant changes are to the /etc/hosts.allow and
>/etc/hosts.deny files?
>
>Hopefully helpful,
>--
>Dr B