[mdlug] OT: Job Opportunities

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 8 23:33:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:47:24 -0400
Jeff Hanson wrote:

> On 8/8/07, David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
> > My employer -- Ascent Technologies, Inc -- http:/www.asc-tech.com
> > -- is looking for several embedded systems engineers.
>
> You could probably use a web site designer from the looks of the site.
>  From the Staff skills list on the Corporate Profile page:
>
> "Windows (3.1, 95, 98, NT), UNIX (QNX, Sun, SGI), and Multiplexed
> Communications"
>
> Looks like they stick with "proven" technologies. :D

Hi Jeff,

Looks like the web-site hasn't been updated recently.  Sigh :-<

During my 3 yrs at Ascent, I've not seen any projects using any of the
OS's you found on the web site.

Generally speaking, the operating system and language are dictated by
our customers and vary from project to project.  As projects are often
embedded, WinCE, Linux, and a variety of RTOS's appear.

Companies _do_ tend to like proven technologies.  You're on target with
that idea.

Regards,

David