[mdlug] OT: UNIX boxes for sale

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Mon Aug 6 19:50:36 EDT 2007

In an effort to free up some much-needed space in my storage closet,
I have the following commercial UNIX boxes for sale, $10 each:

3 Sun Ultra-1's

2 SGI Indigo2's (one purple, one green)

1 SGI Indy (teal, with the IndyCam!)

1 HP Visualize C180

1 HP 9000/C110

The Sun boxes require special keyboards and mice, which I have and will
throw in for free. They also require a monitor with a 13W3 connector; I
have one spare 20" Sun monitor I could sell for $30; otherwise you'll
need to find a VGA-to-13W3 adapter to use a VGA monitor.

The SGI boxes also use a 13W3 connector, I don't have any spare monitors
for those. They take normal PS/2 keyboards and mice.

The HP boxes take normal VGA monitors and PS/2 keyboards and mice.

So here's the deal:

* No negotiating on price. It's only $10, fer crying out loud!:)

* Don't ask me about specs. I don't have the time to find all that out.

* You'll have to come pick these up, I'm not delivering them anywhere.
I live in Southfield, contact me by private email (that means not via
this mail list:) to get the address.

* The Sun and SGI boxes all work fine. The HP boxes used to work fine, but
now I can't get them to boot for some reason. I figure for $10 someone may
be willing to figure out how to boot them.

* All the boxes have the OS installed. Getting stuff configured or putting
a new OS on them is the buyer's responsibility. I *may* have a spare SCSI
CD-ROM drive for installation, but don't count on it.

* These are all first-come/first-served. Actually, it's more like
first-put-money-in-my-grubby-little-hands/first-served. Whoever comes to
pick these up first gets them.

* All items sold as-is, no returns.

Michael

P.S. The Sun boxes can all run Linux, and no, none of these can run
Windows. :p