[mdlug] Expanding skills required

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Aug 1 10:18:05 EDT 2007

Hey all,

    I am needing to expand some of my experience with certain Microsoft
Technologies in order to enhance my job searching prospects.

    What I need is access to trial versions of Windows Server 2003 with
a trial Exchange server setup as well.

    I had started up working towards MCSE with Windows 2000 products and
soon realized that the costs of certification was more costly than the
benefit, considering they devalue those certifications so often. Also, I
realized that MS products are incredibly simple to figure out,
especially if one has access to things called "Books" or can read and
knows how to type in searches into things like Google.

    Unfortunately, that is meaningless to HR people looking to hire IT
staff.

    Anyone have access to, for lending or know a good place to easily
acquire trial/self-training versions of that software?

    Thanks in advance,
    Rob