[mdlug] Web 2.0

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Apr 27 11:13:34 EDT 2007

Michael Corral wrote:
> Wolfger a ecrit:
>> On 4/23/07, Michael Corral wrote:
>>> With all the problems that JavaScript has (to the point where
>>> many people just disable it in their browser), I just don't see
>>> AJAX as a viable option. The AJAX apps I've seen are horrible.
>> I think a couple million (?) Gmail users disagree with you.
>
> I think a lot of Gmail users have not been happy lately.
> There have been a number of problems with Google AJAX apps
> recently, including Gmail:
> <http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/042607-google-frantic-about-personalized-home.html>

If anything, this is a sign that Google users *want* more AJAX, since
the problem is that people are encountering bugs with the storage of
customizations they make to their home page.  If they didn't want it,
they wouldn't be adding RSS feeds, gadgets and other knobs to their
customized home page.

Certainly, it is frustrating when the usual fluid interface you get with
the google home page is broken or reverted to a previous version, but I
wouldn't take that as a vote against AJAX apps.