[mdlug] Penguins, start your engines!

Michael S. Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 16:12:35 EDT 2007

I threw 'em 20 bones from my PayPal account.  Maybe I'm a sucker...

I think the logo should be "LINUX", nothing else, for greatest
visibility; however, Linux should really be promoted consistently for
maximum "brand" recognition.  I wonder if there are guidelines for
such?

As an aside, don't they have to check with Linus to see if they can even
*use* this trademark?

Cheers, Mike

On Saturday 14 April 2007, Michael Rudas (computer) wrote:
> I ran across this on the blog of helios.  It's an interesting idea,
> perhaps worthy of our support?  Quoting from the site:
>
> "Marketing Linux has always been a tricky proposition.  As a
> community, we have relied on corporations who have a stake in the
> Linux operating system to market Linux to the world at large.  Today,
> we have an opportunity to change that, and make Linux marketing as
> much a community effort as Linux development.  That effort begins
> with the Tux 500 project.
>
> "Our goal is simple: we want to collect community donations to enter
> a Linux sponsored car in the 2007 Indianapolis 500.  We need your
> help! If less than 1% of the Linux community donates $1, this will
> happen... will you do your part?"
>
> http://www.tux500.com
>
> This also might be something to mention at Penguicon, as well.
>
> -- Mikey

Mike
www.dynaorg.com