[mdlug] GPS suggestions

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Apr 9 08:56:03 EDT 2007

> From: Joseph C. Bender
> As for the OP's question, I've heard good things about the eTrex series,
> though I haven't really used one personally.  My uses of GPS tend to be
> for non-navigational purposes.  *grin*

 Thanks for the suggestions and information, everyone. I think I've selected
what I'll be getting:

 http://store.palm.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2608806

 One thing I've seen in my Googlings is that it seems generally accepted that
the best current chipset out there is the "SiRF Star III". Apparently has
very fast acquisition and good accuracy.

 http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/004566.php

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                      (313) 227-2317

 [Y]ou notice he said "do not destroy oil wells" before "do not
  use weapons of mass destruction"? - Tom Tomorrow, on Bush's
                ultimatum to Saddam Hussein