[mdlug] digikam merging and sqlite3

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Sun Apr 1 11:23:56 EDT 2007

Shutterbugs,

Is anyone using digikam?

Does anyone know how to merge digikam collections (root directories)?

Does anyone know how to extract/alter info in digikam.db?

I have two digikam directories, each with its own hierarchy of albums.
The photos in each are carefully captioned.

I need to combine them into one new collection without losing the captions.
If I simply copy the photos (*/*.jpg) from one collection into the other,
all the captions (in digikam.db of the source collection) are lost (do not
get inserted into digikam.db of the target collection).

I understand that digikam.db "contains an sqlite3 database", but
  bash> sqlite3 digikam.db
reports the file is either encrypted or not an sqlite3 database.

Any help appreciated,
--
Dr. Robert J. Meier