[mdlug] Building a Linux PVR

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 21:28:45 EST 2006

On 11/24/06, Ron Blanchett <rrcb21 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would suggest not buying that card just for its "integrated HDTV encoder".
> If you are going to do HD do it with an HD tuner card like the pcHDTV card or one just
> like it.
> They provide a native interface to HDTV and you would not need the
> "integrated HDTV encoder"

I'm not planning on getting this card "just for" the HDTV encoder... I
just thought that was a nice added benefit. (okay, actually, that did
seal the idea that I would ask for a video card for Xmas rather than
something else, but still I want I nicer card)
Thanks for your help. You've been extremely informative!

--
Wolfger
http://randomsynapsefiring.eponym.com/