[mdlug] [Mdlug] IBM T30/SUSE 10.0 Suspend to RAM Problems (repost word wrapped, sorry)

Peter Bart peter at petertheplumber.net
Wed Nov 22 00:08:06 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 13:32 -0500, Jeff Hanson wrote:
> I did find a lot of recent T30 related ACPI info with a Google search
> of: T30 linux ACPI 2006

Jeff,
	Thanks for giving me the idea to include the year in my searches. It
helped me narrow down the field considerably. The main suspect right now
is a buggy DSDT. From the suseforums, I quote:
"See any acpi errors or warnings in dmesg? Does your system hang when
shutting down? Can't suspend to RAM or disk? Computer won't wakeup?
Battery functions not working? Losing an IRQ? Can't get wireless to work
even though you are following exact directions? You probably have a
buggy DSDT thanks to Microsoft. Let's fix it!""If your dmesg contains a
line that looks like this:
ACPI: DSDT (v001 GBT AWRDACPI 0x00001000 MSFT 0x0100000c) @ 0x00000000
then almost surely you have a buggy DSDT unless your OEM happened to
have fixed it for you -- MSFT 0x0100000c) @ 0x00000000 means M$ buggy
compiler to me."
	Coincidentally I have "MSFT" all over my dmesg output. Not good but
very well documented. Hope this helps someone else.

Regards,

--
Peter Bart <peter at petertheplumber.net>
http://petertheplumber.net