[Mdlug] volunteer opportunity

Andrew Koper akoper at ameritech.net
Sun Nov 19 22:54:54 EST 2006

The nonprofit group Cityscape Detroit - www.cityscapedetroit.org - is looking for web/IT volunteer(s).  If you have a webmaster, technologist, SA and/or web developer skill set and are looking for a nonprofit to volunteer with or are interested urban planning, architecture, preservation, mass transit, etc., this is a "win-win" opportunity.

Cityscape is an all volunteer group and this is not a major commitment - maybe several hours some months and none others.  Volunteer(s) can come to monthly meeting if they want or work "virtually" from home.

Tasks would include some combination of:
- occasionally updating the Web site
- occasionally evaluating applications to fulfill a need.  I.e., Web based calendar service, open source CMS's, a web based way to collect and tag relevant URL's, RSS feed on Web site, or something.  And implement the best one?
- a technologist bent.  Trying to answer interesting questions like: How can we use the Web to further our mission?  How can we use the Web to find volunteers?  How can we use the Web to coordinate projects where the people working on it are spread out?

If you have these kinds of skills, an interest in these issues and/or want to make the world a better place, e-mail me back at:
akoper at ameritech dot net

Thanks,
-Andrew