[mdlug] Thunderbird won't process certain emails

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Wed Dec 20 23:09:24 EST 2006

> However, they've gotten some of those viral (in the social sense) emails
> that people forward around - cute pictures, etc.
> They mostly show up fine, but a few just won't render.

My mother has run into this with kmail.
My investigation found the problem was nearly always improper attachments
(e.g. missing MIME sentinel) produced by Outlook, ...
These images were usually also not visible to other friends with some
different versions of Outlook than produced them.

> Teaching my parents to right-click, save the images, and view
> them is not going to be useful.

My mother has successfully learned to open with...

Reporting,
--
Dr. Robert J. Meier