[mdlug] Thunderbird won't process certain emails

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Mon Dec 18 10:45:28 EST 2006

 Got my parents on Ubuntu 6.06 (not the very latest, the older one that's supposed
to get support for three years), and mostly things are working. Had to do some
customization (*why* won't they just make dmix the default?) but that's mostly
sorted out.

 However, they've gotten some of those viral (in the social sense) emails that
people forward around - cute pictures, etc. They mostly show up fine, but a few
just won't render. Teaching my parents to right-click, save the images, and view
them is not going to be useful.

 I forwarded one of them to my gmail account and it showed the images inline, no
problem. Has anyone run into this, or has anyone found a solution? Email and web
are pretty much all my parents do on the computer, so getting it to actually
*work* doing that is critical.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                      (313) 227-2317

 "[Linux's goal is] total world domination. But in a good way."
                      - John Schwartz