[mdlug] [Fwd: Re: [Offtopic] Commodore, the same company behind the Commodore 64, is back.]

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:04:20 EDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Offtopic] Commodore, the same company behind the Commodore 64, is back.
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:46:57 -0700
From: Tom Walker <tlwalker at nethere.com>
To: fmiller at lightlink.com
CC: Lew's Off-Topic List <offtopic at sweet-haven.com>

That is just the Use of the Name. they have NO connection to the old
commodore computer people.
I found it interesting. The Keyboard computer lived on after Commodore
departed the field but was a small nitch market until recently others,
HP and Mac to name two, jumped into the market.
the old Commodore 128 was the only New prebuilt that I ever purchased. I
picked it because of the CPM side of the machine and the ready
availability of Osborne/KayPro software. Wordstar for CPM was my First
Wordprocessor but I liked Runscript 128 quite a bit also. Even did my
Taxes for a few years using Kaypro CPM tax software.
The most exciting thing seems to be it's Hanckirtosh capabilities.
there is a Canadian grade school computer teacher that put the Mac OS on
his Netbook and is really impressed with it. He also has a real mac
though so may be a little biased. But most anything beats windows and I
am waiting for Ubuntu to grow into the common mans OS. IT is not really
there yet, still has some driver and other issues,  but closer than most
any other Linux distribution.
By the way in the Linux Fido Echo the word got out. THERE are more and
more Linux virus writers coming on line as time passes so YOUR bragging
days are numbered!!  :-)  :-).

Tom Walker