[mdlug] CloneZilla

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 23:12:06 EDT 2010

Good move on thinking about backing up your data before touching the disk.

While you may have your heart set on resizing and repartitioning for a
dual boot, another option would be to use an external USB drive.

About a year ago I had a company laptop on which I was not allowed to
install anything on WinXP.  Yet the projects I was working on required
a full Linux install.  The ideal setup would have been to install a
VM.  But since that was out of the question, my solution was to change
the boot order in the BIOS, install Linux on an extern USB drive, and
make the USB drive bootable.  In the ends, the internal hard drive
stayed virgin and I was able to get the projects completed.  Here are
some photos of the setup:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Robert.Citek/USBDrive#

Good luck on whatever path you take and please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
- Robert