[mdlug] supplemental memory?

Michael Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 11:23:29 EDT 2010

Off the top of my head, probably the closest you are going to get is to use a memory card as your swap space, assuming it is faster than your HD (which it might not be!).  See the 'swapon' command.  Of course, this assumes you can format your memory device to a swap partition (and a few other things).  But hey, its a thought.

As for extending system memory, then only practical approach seems to be is to add memory sticks.  System memory is many, many times faster than memory cards because it uses different technology (e.g. it doesn't need to be persistent).

$0.02