[mdlug-admin] Flyer

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 20 16:02:25 EST 2008

Garry Stahl wrote:
> Jeff Hanson wrote:
>> Seriously though, maybe penguin-free?  Overuse of Tux is starting to
>> make Linux users look like a cult.

That's debatable, Tux is simply a trademark. I'm pretty sure it's a
registered trademark of Linus Torvalds, along with the word "Linux"

> Wolfger wrote:
>>
>> Shut up and drink the kool-aid. ;-)

Now, now, free speech is to be encouraged. As long as they drink their
damn kool-aid.

> I haven't decided on graphical elements as of yet.  I am looking for
> content right now.

The two legacy MDLUG graphics are: <http://mdlug.org/images/mascot.jpg>
and <http://mdlug.org/images/logo.jpg>. These were printed on the
vintage '99 MDLUG teeshirts, and the original web site. Alas the
original line art is long, long gone. Al we have left are these rather
small raster images which do not scale well. If anyone wants to fix some
scaled up versions, or better yet convert to them vector images for us,
please do.